Monday, January 14, 2013

Crash by Nicole Williams

   Crash by Nicole Williams 

Book Name: Crash

Author: Nicole Williams

Genre/Tags: Romance, Bad Boy, Good Girl

Publisher: Unknown

My Ratings: 5 stars

Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble. He's got a rap sheet that runs longer than a senior thesis, has had his name sighed, shouted, and cursed by more women than Lucy dares to ask, and lives at the local boys home where disturbed seems to be the status quo for the residents. Lucy had a stable at best, quirky at worst, upbringing. She lives for wearing the satin down on her ballet shoes, has her sights set on Juilliard, and has been careful to keep trouble out of her life. Up until now. 

Jude's everything she needs to stay away from if she wants to separate her past from her future. Staying away, she's about to find out, is the only thing she's incapable of. 

For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love's about to become the thing that tears them apart.


                                                         My Review                               

I absolutely loved this book from start to finish. The story hooked me right from the first paragraph - I took an instant liking to it and it just immediately put you right inside the narrator's head and had me flipping pages like crazy!

Lucy Larson is a 17 year old who is starting her senior year at a new school,Southpointe High, due to recent financial crisis in her family. She is a tough, strong headed girl but a dreamer like any other 17 year old. She is awaiting her Mr. Prince charming. While catching some sun on a fine day at the beach, she catches the eye of a godly hunk who gives her the look.

The glance was immeasurably longer than every other glance shared with a stranger, but what was conveyed in that shortest of connections cut through me, letting some piece of this stranger work his way inside. I’d experienced this before a few times in my life, nothing but an eye connection with a passing stranger that moved me on an instinctual level. For no reason at all, it was like I felt my soul surface in a typhoon, begging me to take notice and follow after that moment of serendipity. 

She knows its him, her prince charming, and who would be damned if she let him go.

I didn't care, I wouldn’t let another one of these moments go. Life was short and I’d been a firm believer in seizing the moment for the majority of my life. 

I didn’t know his name, didn’t know if he had a girlfriend, didn’t know if he wanted one, but I knew I was in trouble. 

And on top of that her home life was not so good. Her outlet was dance and i enjoyed how she would take it out right on the dance floor. Somehow dance allowed her to bare her soul and release her frustration.

Jude Ryder Jude is a bad boy like no other, he doesnt date and he is in and out of juvi all the time and he has a temper that makes even the toughest man squirm. He's cocky and confident, and know the effect he has on women.

“The name’s Jude Ryder, since I know you’re all but salivating like a rabid dog to know, and I don’t do girlfriends, relationships, flowers or regular phone calls. If that works for you, I think we could work out something special.” 

When he meets Lucy on the beach, he knows he has met his match and he know she is something different from what he is used to. He sees something special in her and is willing to turn his life around for the better in order to win her heart.

"...it's hard not to notice something special when life's thrown a lotta shit your way." 

Jude and Lucy have a lot of roadblocks in their path. He believes himself to be a cancer, totally believes that he's someone who destroys the lives of anyone and everyone who has the nerve to enter it.

“I’m cancer, Luce. And not the kind that you can kill off with radiation. The kind that kills you in the end.” 

But Lucy is no damsel in distress. She knew the facade that Jude tries to show off is just that, a facade. she knows the best of him and is ready to endure the roller coaster of ups and downs, because in the end she knows its worth it.

"This guy was every kind of wrong on the surface, but there was something more there, something I'd seen in that flash of vulnerability that sucked me in."

when she starts school and there he is the bad boy of the school talking to her and instantly the rumours start but Jude does not like anything or anyone hurting Lucy and he will embarass himself even go to jail to protect her. He convinces her to start her life without him if he didn't sort his shit together

"...I'll need you to promise me something...If I ever mess things up again, whether it's a misunderstanding or shit luck, or I just do what I was created to do and screw everything up... I want you to promise me you'll leave. Drop me like a bad habit and don't look back, because god knows, it can't be me that walks away since I'm incapable of it." 

I just loved that neither of them really denied their affections for each other. They struggled through some pretty tough times, but throughout it all, their hearts belonged to each other... really a story of two people from different worlds finding a way to be together against all the odds.


Some of my other favorite quotes from this book

"So Lucy," he hollered, tucking the ball under his arm, "how much further are you going to let me get before you give me your phone number?" 

This man was the pope, president, and god of dodging the topic. Too bad for him, he was dealing with the queen, holy mother, and empress of seeing through a man's steam of shit. 

"You've got all my firsts. All the ones that matter."

“The thing was, if staying away from him made me unsmart, I never wanted to be smart again.” 


Buy this book at:

Amazon.com
Barnes & Nobles



No comments:

Post a Comment